1. Garmin-CervÃ©lo released a sneak peak of their new jersey. We look forward to confusing them with Sky in 2011.
2. Sven Nys broke a pedal in the final stretch of this weekend’s Superprestige. He managed to stay upright, and ended up hobbling across the line in fourth.
3. Alexi Grewal wrote a great blog post about using equal parts strength, intelligence and subterfuge to win his 84 LA gold medal. It’ll be interesting to see how far he can take this comeback he’s attempting at 50.
4. Its been 123 days (give or take, based on your timezone and how “in” you are) since the Schleck’s announced their departure from Saxo Bank to Team To Be Named Later. Said team got it’s ProTeam license last week, so Andy and crew will be set to defend his Tour de France performance next year.
5. On an entirely related note, Fabian Cancellara still doesn’t officially have a cycling team, but does have a new management team, who’ll be happy to tell us where he’s heading in just a few more weeks (see item #4).
6. Seems like a few people were confused by the postings of @PeterSaganNews on Twitter, mistaking them for the actual Peter Sagan – or at least someone close to the rider. The latest posts, indicating conflict between Sagan and team doctors prompted a press release from Liquigas, denying the accusations and any link between Sagan and the Twitter account in question. The Internet is a strange place, but its truly strange that someone would make up these sorts of quotes from Sagan – I’m inclined to believe he had some involvement.
7. There’ll be no confusing you for a Sky or Garmin-CervÃ©lo rider in your 2011 PavÃ© kit. Hopefully we’ll have a final version this week. Interested? Sign up here and we’ll keep you posted.
Have a great weekâ€”share your comments below!