Hereâ€™s this weekâ€™s (mini) Monday Musette:
1. With next Sundayâ€™s Paris-Tours looming on the horizon, several sprinters used this past weekend to put the finishing touches on their fitness. Radio Shackâ€™s Robbie McEwen won two stages and the overall at the Circuit Franco-Belge (aka, the Tour de Wallone-Picarde), while Skil-Shimanoâ€™s Marcel Kittel took his 15th of the win of the season at Germanyâ€™s Munsterland Giro.
McEwen heads to Paris next weekend (Kittelâ€™s not on the preliminary start list) as an outside contender for the victory, but heâ€™ll face much tougher competition to win the autumn classicâ€”including new world champion Mark Cavendish. My moneyâ€™s on John Degenkolbâ€”Kittelâ€™s future teammate at Project 1t4i-Shimano. Look for a full race preview later this week.
2. Speaking of Cavendish, a bit of a stir was created when rumors surfaced of the Britâ€™s transfer to Omega Pharma-Quick Step. Apparently Cav likes his Venge, and wants his new team to provide them. (The Inner Ring provides a great rundown of the situation.) Frankly, Iâ€™m tired of Cavendish and his antics. If he wanted to ride a Specialized so badly, why not do more to help Bob Stapleton secure a new sponsor at HTC-HighRoad?
3. Weâ€™re putting the final touches on a new web store where weâ€™ll be selling caps and socks. We also have a few sets of kit left (jersey and bibs), email firstname.lastname@example.org if youâ€™re interested in picking some up.
4. Special thanks go to Competitive Cyclist who despite moving to Salt Lake City, Utah has graciously offered to support our cyclocross coverage. If you have a spare minute, click on through to check out their latest offerings. Weâ€™re proud to be one of only a handful of independent blogs that pays for permission to post photos from some of the sportâ€™s finest professional photographersâ€”like Luc Claessen this upcoming CX season. The support we receive helps us make those ends meet. You can help our help our supporters justify their investment with a click and a purchase.
5. There was a funeral for the Muur over the weekend. (Iâ€™m still too upset to talk about it.)
6. Last but not least, 3 bikes were stolen during this weekendâ€™s events in Gloucester: a Trek XO1 with SRAM Red, a Focus Mares with SRAM Force, and a Stevens Carbon Cross. If you happen to see anyone riding and or selling one these who shouldnâ€™t be, drop us a line and weâ€™ll put you in touch with the right people.
That’s it for us–what’s on your mind this week?
Share your comments below.